New guide helps consumers understand medical records
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 |
The new guide Understanding Your Medical Record, developed by AHIMA, helps consumers understand medical record.
Topics covered in the guide include:
- What is a medical record?
- Why are medical records important to me?
- How can you access your medical record?
- How can you change or correct your medical record?
- How do you file a complaint?
- What is a personal health record?
- Are PHRs and medical records the same thing?
- What should your PHR contain?
- How do I compile my PHR?
- What are patient portals?
- Links to other resources
View the guide